IDS provides Professional Services to support U.S. clients and partners using FHWA NBI standards in the effective implementation and application of NBI Optimizer® to support the development of optimal multi-year preservation plans following agency-specific constraints, policies, and work processes. Services include:
- Comprehensive NBI data analytics to identify relationships among key attributes and understand historical trends.
- Work with clients to customize NBI Optimizer® preservation methods database to reflect agency-specific experience, practices, and preference.
- Work with clients to customize NBI Optimizer® rules and formulae for assessing preservation methods costs and benefits, and identify possible applicability constraints
- Work with clients to define sets of bridge groups and key deterioration and risk factors, and develop models to predict deterioration, assess risk, and prioritize bridges.
- Work with clients to define a range of preservation planning scenarios based on the agency’s current and future needs and expected funding profile;
- Develop optimal preservation plans for defined scenarios, and perform trade-off analysis to assess feasibility and compare results of various scenario.
- Provide documentation and evidence-based recommendations required for developing asset management plans and budget submissions.